Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Czech this out!

It's official! In the spirit of making the most of our short time in Europe, Amanda and I have made the executive decision (and the required purchases) to stay in Sofia for Christmas and perhaps attend a service at Nevsky Cathedral, and then the day after leave for a week in Prague! That's right, New Year's in Prague people!

Before leaving for Europe, I made a mental checklist of all of the major cities that I want to get to before I came back to the US, here is but a brief excerpt:

1. Barcelona
2. Prague (For New Years, 2010!)
3. Amsterdam (thinking maybe Spring Break 2010)
4. Venice
5. Vienna
6. Istanbul (how about Thanksgiving 2009?; check back next week)
7. London (technically already done, but for only 4 hours...not enough)
8. Rome
9. Paris
10. Munich (sad that I missed my chance to meet Ed and Jodie for Oktoberfest)

You may notice that Sofia is missing from that list. If I had only known of it's exquisite beauty before leaving America, it for sure would have cracked my top 50.

Honorable Mention: Copenhagen (just barely didn't make the top 10 before I left, but is quickly moving up); Stockholm (why? because Dave Matthews Band is playing in February, and Amanda has promised the little child in me that we can go for my birthday! *giddiness*); Moscow (this could be harder than expected since the Russians just don't let you stop in for a visit); Florence (I'm not sure why this didn't make the top 10).

Got any more suggestions for me? Any other cities that are a "must see" before the end of the Summer 2010? Click the link below and let me know. (We're going to Prague. Sweet.)

Nazdrave!

4 comments:

  1. Thought I would give you a head's up that I will be in Ireland, London and Edinburgh for about 2 weeks in September or October 2010. I will have more details in January.

    I would also strongly recommend that if you find a way to visit Russia. I would recommend Moscow, St. Petersburg and Novgorad. You may also want to check out Villnius in Lithuania. It is one of my favorite cities.

    Safe travels...adventure on!

    Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet! I can't wait. What will you be doing on this side of the pond?

    ReplyDelete
  3. BJ and I are flying into Dublin and then making a loop around Southern Ireland. We are then going to spend 2 days in London with a friend that I worked at camp with and then head to Scotland where she will act as our tour guide because she grew up in Edinburgh.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Go to Florence. You will love it. The wife and I spent 4 days there on our honeymoon. just spectacular....

    jeff farrar

    ReplyDelete